Thursday, February 9, 2012

CUSTOM ORDER WITH GLITTERSNIFFER COSMETICS!

 photo courtesy of Glittersniffer Cosmetics via Facebook

I think at some point every make-up fan dreams of creating their own line of cosmetics. I am lucky enough to  have a great relationship with Lela Warren, owner and operator of the indie pigment company, Glittersniffer Cosmetics. She had suggested the idea of creating a custom line of eye shadow pigments for me and I immediately jumped on board. A lot of time was spent putting together pictures for her of colors I liked, ranging from the fabric of a dress worn by Nicole Richie to the color of Billie Joe Armstrong's eyes. After putting together photos for her, she used her expertise to tell me what colors would work well together and what would be the easiest and most realistic to make. My custom line of pigments was born!

Click below to read more about creating a custom line of pigments! Photos included!



 PLACING MY ORDER

Here are some examples of the colors (in this case, Blues) I sent her:


I separated all the colors by category (purples, pinks, greys, etc.)  Lela used those pictures as guides to create my custom pigments!

I received the pigments by mail, packaged securely in pink bubble wrap, with a cupcake printed wrapping, tissue paper and tulle bow. Half of my order was in plastic 3g pots and the other half in baggies. I had agreed to this with Lela ahead of time because I said I had my own containers to fill. All of the pigments were labeled by number and I was given blank labels to use for when I wanted to give the pigments names.
I purchased stackable containers from Wal-mart, which I planned to use by organizing the pigments (the ones packaged in bags) by color-type, the same way I had organized the photos to send to Lela.


PACKAGING


Lela is known for including samples of various products with her orders. In this case, it was three pigment samples and a piece of one of my favorite products, the Heating Massage Bar. 

Once the pigments were transferred from baggies to containers, it was time to start naming them. Some were easier than others. I found myself coming up with names quickly for the neutral colors, but when it came to pinks and purples, I was having trouble. A lot of the names were inspired by song lyrics, movies and fashion images. It took days to come up with names for each shade - lots of swatching and comparing.


ORGANIZING & LABELING


The pigments in these stackers (purchased from Wal-mart for $8) were originally sent in bags (as seen in the series of photos above) and were organized by shade. Pennies From Heaven, Little Lamb, Pillow Talk and Rocky Candy are all from the official Glittersniffer line, and I happened to have enough product left of these colors to add them to my stackers. They were not included in my custom order. I'd like to add that Marie Antoinette is a dupe for Cornflower by MAC.


The two photos above are the pigments that were sent to me in jars. I simply added labels to them.


SWATCHES (WITH TAGS)



This concludes my adventure with Lela and Glittersniffer for today! I will post all of the information below for you to get the ball rolling on creating your own custom line of pigments!

Glittersniffer Cosmetics on Facebook
Customer Order Information for GS Cosmetics


xoxo
Jane

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these glitters are AMAZING!

    I found you on makeupbee :) Following you!

    Stop by my blog sometime <3

    http://www.makeupinsider.net/

    ReplyDelete