Friday, November 18, 2011

REVIEW: Glittersniffer Cosmetics! VIP Mini Tour Kit


Glittersniffer Cosmetics isn't all about loose pigments and mineral eyeshadows. They also provide a series of primers and potions to enhance your experience while playing with color. The following entry is a review of the 4 face products and 4 sample pigments included in this kit.






RICE POWDER:  This product is to be used as a setting powder after your foundation, contouring shades and blush have been applied. I love the consistency of the product, a little goes a long way, and it leaves my skin feeling soft. I like a matte look to my foundation and this helps strip any extra oils from my liquid foundation. It also helps prevent any flaking or shifting of your make-up. After a few hours, I notice my skin looking more dewy, but still soft and not oily. I adore this product.


FACE PASTE: Honestly, I have never put this on my face, only the back of my hand. It has an interesting texture, oily but powdery at the same time. It reminds me of the facial primers made my Hard Candy. I knew ahead of time that this product was not intended for those of us with Acne prone skin (as advised on the GS website). I don't dislike the texture at all, it dries to a soft powdery finish and feels smooth and light, I just don't want to risk a break out.

DUST PRIMER: This is an interesting product I have never seen before and really like. It is a clay powder that is used by mixing it with a facial moisturizer, thus making a primer. It has no odor and mixes well with any lotion I've experimented with. Advised by GS President, Lela Warren, to use about a 1:4 ratio, I actually did a 1:2. I like my primers a little heavier due to some Acne scarring. I love this product! It is so light feeling and my skin can breathe. It contains no oil (because it's clay based) and helps control shine all day. I am definitely a fan.


CHROME SERUM: Probably my favorite and most used GS product, Chrome Serum is my favorite foiling medium for not just pigments but pressed eyeshadows as well. I have often used it to thin out cream eyeliners that have gotten dry. My favorite feature of CS, is its ability to take any make-up product and turn it into a SUPER pigmented cream. Depending on the brush I use, I can create very sharp lines or precise shapes and placement of color. This is my #1 Top Rated product I've discovered this year.

Note: The NYC Concealer Stick was used in the pictures featured in this entry but does not come with the kit.


In my kit, I recieved samples of the following pigments: Pillow Talk, Rock Candy, Pennies From Heaven and Head Case (not pictured). Lightning Storm is shown as one of the possible samples you may recieve on the GS website and I already had this sample, so I figured I would use it. I didn't want to use Head Case (a yellowish green) for any of the looks I came up with for this entry.


LEFT TO RIGHT: Rock Candy, Pillow Talk, Pennies From Heaven, Lightning Storm (swatched over NYC Concealer Stick in Light).

LOOK #1
Lightning Storm (all over), Rock Candy (liner), Pillow Talk (lower lashline)
GS Chrome Serum was used with Rock Candy and Pillow Talk




LOOK #2
Lightning Storm (highlight), Pillow Talk (inner corner)
Rock Candy (outer corner), Pennies From Heaven (lower lashline)
GS Chrome Serum use with Rock Candy and Pennies From Heaven 


So, here it is: two different looks using the same products. The VIP Mini Tour Kit by Glittersniffer Cosmetics is one of the most convenient packages I've seen in a while. It's great for customers who aren't yet familiar with loos pigments and those (like me) who were looking to use their primers as well. The pigment sample bags will give you several looks worth of pigment and the primers are the standard 5g jars that GS offers their pigments in. 
As I said before, I am absolutely IN LOVE with GS Chrome Serum and use it almost everyday. If you're not interested in the entire kit, at least get a full sized Serum!

xoxo 
Jane 

1 comment:

  1. I use GS all the time, and have very acne prone skin. I use and love Face Paste and it has never caused me to break out! :)

    ReplyDelete